The states that make up the PARCC consortium are taking the exceptional step of releasing test items from this year’s PARCC assessment to give teachers a powerful tool to inform and improve classroom teaching and learning. The test items were built with robust mathematics problems and authentic reading passages selected and reviewed extensively by dozens of educators from PARCC states. Learn more about the released items and how teachers and parents can use them to understand the standards and improve teaching and learning.
The PARCC 2015 Released Items include:
For English Language Arts/Literacy:
- Item sets with answer keys and standards alignment documents and PDFs of individual items with the associated texts, including
- Literary Analysis Task
- Research Simulation Task
- Narrative Writing Task
- Paired text set (grades 6-11)
- Literary text set
- Short/Medium informational set (grades 6-11)
- Medium/Long informational set
- Sample student responses for each grade level task. One task at each grade level includes annotations that describe the reasons responses received particular scores, as well as a set of practice papers.
- Guide to English Language Arts/Literacy Released Items: Understanding Scoring. This document provides information related to the scoring of student responses to the prose constructed response items that are part of the performance-based tasks.
- PARCC English Language Arts/Literacy General Scoring Rules for the 2015 Summative Assessment. This document provides the general rules used to score the Evidence-Based Selected Response and Technology-Enhanced Constructed Response items.
- PARCC 2015 Scoring Rubrics for grade 3, grades 4-5, and grades 6-11.
- PDFs of item sets at each grade and course for both End of Year and Performance Based Assessments.
- Alignment documents
- Answer keys
- Guide to Mathematics Release Items: Understanding Scoring. This document provides general rules used for scoring the Type 2 and Type 3 mathematics items.
- Scoring Rules used for all mathematics items.
NOTE: Some of the passages you will see are in a very small font. This is due to the process of rendering an online item into a PDF format. Please zoom in for better viewing.
NOTE: Some ELA item sets contain items with embedded multimedia (audio and/or video). The multimedia will NOT play when viewing the PDF through a browser window. To access the multimedia, download the PDF to your computer and open the file with Adobe Acrobat. Click the “play” arrow to start the multimedia for the item.
HELPFUL HINT: Use the search and filter functions at the top of the table to reduce the number of resources returned. The first field will search the title words of a resource, the second field uses an autocomplete function to search for subjects, the grade level drop down allows for grade level filtering. Once search parameters are entered, click “Search” and the returned results will display below. Use the “Reset” button to start a fresh search.